Sunday, May 22, 2011

House Rules

We don't have house rules around here.
If I want to stay up past 10 pm on a school (work) night, I totally can. If I want to eat dessert before dinner, I can. If I don't feel like doing Saturday morning chores, I don't have to.
And this pleaseth my soul.

But lately, I have felt a little out of control. I have neglected the dishes. I have been sleeping in because I have been going to bed far later than I should be. I have not been eating a well balanced dinner!

What is to become of me??

Well, I'm quite certain I will grow up to be a fine young lady, but I should really set some boundaries for myself, shouldn't I? I mean, I should have a bit of self control. A few more restrictions. Higher expectations for my standards, right?

I shall. From now on, I will be more disciplined.

I will eat 2 to 3 well balanced meals.
I will go to bed before 9:30 on week days.
(mostly because I can't function after 9:30 anyways)
I will do my chores, weekly.

3 comments:

  1. Don't do it! All the best infomercials come on at 11! And dirty dishes are the greatest. thing. ever. to wake up to. ha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need to do that too! I should try doing that too. Sorry we couldn't get together while we were in Utah. Next time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good for you. I had to have a baby to realize how important sticking to a schedule is, and chores are still a little iffy sometimes.

    You are so grown up.

    ReplyDelete