Saturday, July 16, 2011

To Judge is to be Ignorant

recently I finished an autobiography written by Marlyn Monroe before her early death at 36. My perspective on her life totally changed. I didn't know a whole lot about her in the first place, all I knew was that she was the sex icon of her time.

well turns out, she didn't want any of that at all. she wanted to be wanted. she wanted to be loved. she wanted to be known.
All growing up she didn't have anyone who wanted her except for manual labor or sex. when she was nine she got her first "prostitution" gig that she didn't want. she got paid a nickle.
Any time she thought she was going to "make it big" turns out she was only wanted because of her curves and mysterious personality.
she was told multiple times that she was NOT photogenic. Ha. that's all I have to say about that.

I am once again reminded that I am far too judgmental.
Oh and another thing- who decided that being poor is funny? I can't understand that at all. Why is it funny that a child has to go to school wearing the same outfit day after day?
Why is it funny when an adult is driving around in a car that is about to fall apart and runs out of gas on the way to work.
It's not funny. So don't laugh please.

Every time I have decided that I didn't like someone it was because I didn't understand them. I didn't know where they were coming from.

I'm trying to not judge.

1 comment:

  1. Aw so true! I always thought of her in the same way..may I ask which book it was? like the name of it :)

    ReplyDelete