Saturday, March 26, 2011

"And such as.."- (guess who said it first. Moonfish, you've got this one)

Well my friends, I am sorry. I have been absent the last little while (in case you didn't notice my lack of postings) and I'm not quite sure why. I have my theories though. First off, let me just say that I have missed you. My readers and the lovely blogs I follow. They brought me cheer this early Saturday morning (where I should be in bed but I found myself unable to catch my Zzzzs after 4:30 A stupid M). So my Theory as to why I have been on blog strike lately is that my computer is still broken and I can't post pictures therefore surely no one would be interested in my blog. another Theory is that I have been having such a fabulous adventure the past little bit and I was too busy to share it with the bloggosphere. Well the truth of the sad matter is, my computer is broken and I cant post pictures, I haven't taken any pictures, and I've been so tired and drained lately. Don't get me wrong, we have been having some pretty fun adventures but I have been too tired to post anything. I have gotten some lovely comments about my blog from dear friends and that gave me the courage to "get back out there, Champ and show 'em what ya got", kind of thing. I don't want to have another blog failure like the last time I decided I was too good for this. Truth be told, I really enjoy writing. I wouldn't go as far as to say I'm good at it or anything, but it certainly gives me peace knowing that my thoughts are out there being noticed by people who care. My opinions have a place in this world. Finally.

Everything has been fab lately, thank you for asking by the way. I have found this new obsessive interest with the LDS Mag The Ensign. Did you know there are some amazing stories in there that you can actually relate to? Why had I not noticed this before? can you tell me that? Well I know that some of you may not be LDS but if you get a chance, pick up that magazine because it will make you smile. I'll even mail you one or two if you really want.

Also I got a second job. Not that my first one wasn't good enough, I just wanted/needed something to mix up my schedule a bit. I somehow found this lovely lady who wanted help with projects around her house. She is so cute and sweet and her family is adorable; of course I've actually only met 2 of the 5 children and the husband. They have a charming beautiful house. She has let me help her organize and clean different rooms and also do other household caring activities. It's so nice to have a bit of diversity in your schedule, I think, and I love being able to help other people and she is so sweet too!

Zack is still kickin' butt at school. He's a rockstar, I must say. He sure knows how to make a girl swoon with is smarts and athletic ability and that is aside from his dashing good looks.

My job is going along just great. I've been able to work on a few different projects and such that have been very fun to be apart of. Yesterday I was asked, along with 2 others in my department, to stand on a little stage and be introduced to about 60 technicians for our company. I'm pretty sure they could all see my knees shaking under my jeans. Let me also mention that I was the only girl in the whole room. Now I'm not saying that they were checking me out, but for some weird reason I can become very uncomfortable when I am the only girl. and that happens quite a bit in a department like mine where we are pretty much all of the male species.

Running has been rough lately. Zack will tell ya. I have been struggling big time! this week was the hardest. I just could not and would not run. I guess you could say I refused, but I have good reasons! Just listen. I have never really been all that into cardio. I just haven't. I really really love lifting and that sort of thing (I'm not strong at all, I just like my weights). Since I have been training for this oh-so- fun half marathon that I'm super excited for, I've gotten pretty burnt out from running. I feel like it's the only thing I can do! I have to plan everything around how many miles I have to run, even our dinner schedule is planned around my runs. Luckily today, my dear friend Sarah (she totally inspires me because she is awesome) is going to take me out for a long run. Without her, I probably wouldn't do more than 3 miles (
I know that's far too but I have a schedule I need to keep up with). I'd like to say that I eventually want to do a full marathon, but right now, I absolutely do NOT! I just want to be able to do other things and not have to spend my full work out time running. I mean, like I mentioned before, I even have to wake up early just so that I have time to let my food digest and my water belly settle. Anyways, I'm super grateful for the experience and the discipline training has given me and I will be a much better person than I was before. I now feel more confident in what I do and confidence is key to success, right? So Mom, Dad (who registered me for the race), hubbers (who purchased these amazing new running shoes for my birthday)- thank you for the opportunity to run this race and supporting me all the way through.


There isn't really much else going on in our lives, besides my obsession with dogs and my desire to somehow trick our landlord into letting us have one, I haven't really been up to anything else. Work, Run, Eat. that's my motto.

Oh but I did discover, while out on a long run day, that what really helps me get through my runs is when people smile at me as I go, especially the cute older couples holding hands and walking their doggies on an early Saturday morning, and the kids that are outside in there underwear that yell "hi!!" at me across the street. Those make me happy. So please-

Smile. It helps me run better, faster, stronger.

P.S. I love you, Moonfish.

5 comments:

  1. I HATE when computers are broken:(
    annnnd your second job sounds like a dream! awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Boo for broken computers. Me and technology have a love-hate relationship:-) Sounds like life is full and exciting right now! I admire all of that running you are doing! You go girl! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I feel the same way I love saying hello or getting a smile from others while I run!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I too just came back from a break! I needed it..I wasn't sure why, but I had a few suspicions. Blogging is tough work! And it's work you don't get paid for. Taking a break was one of the best things for me - I got organized, and I'm ready to write and leave comments again. I look forward to reading more from you :o)

    ReplyDelete